Dakshin Foundation - Senior Research Assistant
Job Title: Senior Research Assistant , Communities and Resource Governance Programme
Company: Dakshin Foundation
Description: Dakshin Foundation is looking for a candidate who can develop grassroots leadership capabilities among youth from select fishing villages, develop community-based SSF databases to make migration processes safer, experiment with ICT technologies to develop a community emergency communication system, and shar and disseminating knowledge on key coastal governance provisions. Responsibilities:
1) Execute specified activities under the Infrastructures project with the Project Team, on all components specified above.
2) Undertake research, conduct meetings (online and face-to-face) with project partners, collaborators and experts towards the goals of the project and programme more generally.
3) Undertake field-travel to Ganjam and Nagapattinam, and engage with members of the local fisher community, with local partner organisation and state government officials towards meeting programmatic goals.
4) Undertake networking with wider fishworker associations and coalitions in consultation with the project advisors and Programme Heads.
5) Undertake periodic documentation and maintenance of project data.
6) To assist in the development of funding proposals for additional research and interventions in line with the programme’s objectives.
7) To coordinate with other CRG staff to perform necessary administrative, organisational development and personnel management responsibilities.
1) A minimum of two years of work experience demonstrating independent thinking and capable execution of social science projects relating to environment / development.
2) A Master’s degree, preferably in the social sciences, social work, development studies, environmental studies, or law (with specialisation in environmental law or human rights law).
3) A demonstrable understanding of issues related to development, conservation and environmental governance in India.
4) Ability to work with a range of social groups and local institutions in rural settings such as grassroots conservation organisations, fishworker associations, research organisations and urban and rural advocacy groups in India.
5) Ability to independently facilitate group meetings and demonstrate high attention to detail and planning.
6) Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
7) Working and conversational proficiency in Tamil (Compulsory) and spoken proficiency in Hindi.
Candidates with the following additional qualifications/skills will be preferred:
• Experience and knowledge of coastal and fisheries related issues.
• Domain knowledge in environmental law, or policy analysis or development studies
• Demonstrated skills and knowledge of ICT
Pay: Not mentioned
Location: The position does not require the individual to be based at Bengaluru, but will involve regular contact with the Dakshin Foundation teams located in multiple sites. It will also involve considerable travel to specific field sites in coastal states of India –in coastal Odisha and Tamil Nadu.
Online Links with Info: Details to apply here
Last Date to Apply: 20 October 2021