Job Title: Senior Research Fellow, Reef Fish, Long Term Ecological Observatories
Company: Dakshin Foundation
Description: Dakshin Foundation is seeking proposals for a Senior Research Fellow to work on the Reef Fish Ecology component of the Marine Theme of the MOEFCC's Long-Term Ecological Observatories (LTEO) programme on biodiversity and climate change. While this is a long-term post, the successful applicant will be offered a one-year contract to begin with. The contract will be renewed based on the candidate's performance.
1) Collect in-water data on diversity, abundance and size classes of reef fishes using SCUBA
2) Assist in developing and testing protocols and setting up permanent plots for the long-term
monitoring of reef fish communities at the LTEO sites in the Andaman Islands.
3) Planning and executing field expeditions including logistics, field data collection, equipment purchases and boat hires, etc.
4) Ensure timely completion of the project deliverables and targets including fieldwork, data entry, analysis and report writing.
Requirements: 1) A Master’s degree in natural sciences, preferably in marine biology, ecology or zoology.
2) A valid SCUBA certification (at least to the level of a PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent).
3) A minimum of two years of experience(post-Masters)and knowledge of collecting environmental data, preferably on coral reefs or related marine ecosystems.
4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Pay: Not mentioned
Location: The position will be based in Bangalore but will involve long duration field trips to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The candidate will work out of the Andaman Nicobar Environment Team (ANET) field station during this duration.
Online Links with Info: Details to apply here
Last Date to Apply: 31 October 2021